Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Housing Success

One of the houses Ian had found by himself is in the Sai Kung Country Park.
This was an area that I had been recommended. It is further out, but house prices are lower and it is very
rural.
I could tell Ian was keen on the house, so started to make enquiries about the price and arrangements before going to
see it myself.
In fact there was another offer on it, but being an ESF teacher really helps when booking housing it seems. Landlords are happier to dealPwith ESF teachers as there is guaranteed rent payment!! So all was ready for me to visit the house.
We landed on Saturday and on Tuesday Heather and I were doing the 2nd
viewing.
Here is Heather in her first HK taxi
ride... (pic to follow)

The agent was eager to show us and make the deal. The other offer was from a different agency. In fact I had s
een the house online, with the other agent, but they hadn't replied to my emails.

Well I saw the house and was smitten, as was Heather. It will take extra time to school and work, but a great house at a great price is worth the compromise.

Returning to the office, the paperwork was completed, the deposit (how much?) handed over. The landlady also came to sign up so we have met her and her daughter.
Moving date is provisionally the 15th August.

Here are two pictures of the house from the website. Will post my own soon...


<--- Front garden
View from the roof --->
=================================================================

No comments: