Saturday, February 14, 2009

Promotion.

I arrived at my school last August 08. Quite quickly the management realised (with some prodding) that it the maths posts had been under-rated. So both posts would be upgraded from next August 09. We have 2 heads of maths as the school is so big.

Exciting though the though of more money and fewer teaching hours was, the only problem was that I had to apply for the post all over again and interview for it. The whole process took nearly 2 months. After the interview I spent a sleepless night but heard the next morning that I was successful.
This means that I am Head of Middle School Maths.
Again...
The only difference will be that I become more autonomous and have greater authority to get things done.


Phew - now I can settle in comfort for a while.

No comments: