Sunday, February 15, 2009

Having weather

When we left Abu Dhabi Ian said that he looking forward to having some weather.
I blamed him for the arrival of Typhoon, T8, after typhoon.

So having had typhoon season, we were looking forward to the nice autumn weather.
In fact, we turned off the air conditioning and slept with the window open, listening to the insects singing.
We had the aircon off for about a week and then it got cold. We had the heaters on a week later.
HK houses have no insulation, no heating and no sense of sealing round doors or windows. Freezing.

So that was 3 lots of weather by Xmas. Xmas was crisp, with coats required.
"It is never cold for long in Hong Kong" said all my students as I came to class with my coat on.

Next it was freezing in the mornings, but hot by midday. In the car one morning it was 4 degrees, but 28 by home time at 4pm!

It gradually warmed up through Feb, and I ditched my coat last week, and my jumper this week.

So now it is dreary season!! Misty and overcast. Went out in my Tshirt and got soaked when the skies opened. At least it was warm.
7pm at night the windows are open to let a bit of cool air in.

Apparantly we get rainy season next before moving on to Typhoon season again.

I liked it in AD when we had to be told that rain is caused by clouds!!
Ian asked for weather. He will never be allowed to forget it.

No comments: